Rituals are the ceremonies that are held in the wedding to complete them fully. If someone is searching for the bride than they can take help from Punjabi girl matrimonial sites to find perfect bride.
There are so many rituals that take place at a wedding. the rituals are discussed below in brief. Go and check them out:
- Rokka: This is the first and most important ritual. In this ritual, the matchmaking of the selected bride and groom is done. Rokka is the starting ritual of the Punjabi wedding ceremony.
- Shagun: This ritual is held after the matchmaking ceremony. After the wedding gets fixed the bride and groom are showered with gifts, money and so many other things.
- Engagement: This is a ritual in which the groom and the bride give/offer rings to each. Therefore, the rings are worn in the ring fingers of left hands. In an engagement ceremony, people dance a lot to celebrate their happiness.
- Mehndi: In this ritual, the bride and groom are applied with Mehndi on their hands. This is again one of the most important rituals of a Punjabi wedding.
- Sangeet: In the Sangeet ceremony, all the people invited to dance and sing to enjoy happiness. This is a ceremony that takes place one day before the wedding.
- Jaggo: This is the important ritual of a Punjabi wedding. In this ritual, all the people gather and collect oil in a pot. On the other side, people dance, do fun by saying Boliyan.
- Vatna: In this ritual, all the people apply haldi (a fine paste of turmeric) on the bodies of the bride and groom. Depending on the culture and religion this ceremony is held.
- Anand Karaj: This is referred to as the Punjabi wedding. Anand Karaj takes place in a Gurdwara, approx. three Lavan are taken by the bride and groom around the Shri Guru Granth Sahib.
- Viddai: In this ritual, the bride is given a goodbye full of tears. All the friends, family members and relatives cry to tell her how much they are going to miss her. She is sent in a well-decorated car to the groom’s house.
- Welcome of the bride: The bride is welcomed to her new house by her mother-in-law. She does Puja and then put oil on the corners to welcome her.
- Kagna: In this ritual, the bride and groom play a game. In a bowl, full of milk one ring is thrown and the groom and bride have to find that. Whosoever find that rings are believed to be the ruling one.
- Mooh-Dikhai: In this ritual, all the ladies gather and see the face of the bride. After that, she is gifted with so many things such as accessories, clothes, money, etc.
- Reception: This is a party given by the family of the groom to their friends and relatives to them all that the rituals are successfully done.
- Pag-Phere: In this ritual, the bride visits to her parents’ house and she is given a treat over there.
If a Punjabi girl looking for marriage, then she can take help from Punjabi matrimony to find a perfect bride for her. These above-mentioned are the rituals that will describe people about the Punjabi wedding.